Saturday, October 18, 2008

My American Mother...


I was adopted as an infant. I came to this country in August 1983. I was only one month old. I entered a really loving and wonderful American, Jewish family...which brings me to the introduction of my American mother.

My mom was born in December of 1951 to the most loving couple you could ever meet. She is the oldest of two and both my mom and her little brother are still living.

My Bubbie (grandma in yiddish) is the heart and soul of my mothers family. She is so vibrant and incredible. Below is a picture of my Bubbie on her 82nd birthday...




As I mentioned my Bubbie gave birth to my mother in 1951. My mom was born to be a mother despite the fact she could not birth children from her body. Her love and patience are admirable...especially with children like my brother and myself. I have personally always had a hard time letting people really love me...or maybe I should say trusting that people love me. My moms love for me has been pretty trustworthy. There has only been one time in my life that I questioned it. Although at this present time in my life, I have absolutely no doubt that my mother loves me...a lot.

Meet my mother- isn't she so beautiful?




My mother is well educated. Before I was born she received a BA in education. She has been a teacher her whole life and LOVES working with children. My mom is GREAT at what she does. She has since went on to receive a Masters in elementary education- she says she wants to leave the classroom but the children NEED her!
Below are a few more pictures of me and my mom. In the first one, I love how you can see everyone sitting in the background...everyone except my mother! She is the one RIGHT behind me, keeping a close eye and protecting me.




And the last one...my mother and I on the beach. I love this picture because my mom once again is so close to me and loving me. Despite my sassy little attitude towards the camera.
My mom has always been so active in our lives. I have millions of pictures of my mom and I BUT I only had time to upload these few.

I am off to spend some time with my mom! We are taking my son to go see a play. I already saw my mom once today...she came to my sons football game this morning. We spend A LOT of time together- so much that my son once asked me, "do you and grandma have to see eachother all day every single day"?!?!
My answer: I dont have to...but I sure would like to :)
That's all for now...PEACE!!!




No comments: