Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Returning to the SARRIA'S....



UNO MES!!! aka...ONE MORE MONTH!!!!!


In only one month I return HOME to Chile. I cannot wait! My excitement level is HIGHLY elevated. I am so excited to return to the SARRIA family that I left sooooo long ago. TOO long ago. This adventure is well over due.


My parents have taken me all over the world. I have been so fortunate to travel to incredible places during my young life thus far BUT I honestly have always wondered why they never took me back to Chile? Just to SEE it...the same way they felt it was so important for me to SEE Israel, I feel like I always wanted them to take me to SEE Chile. It is part of my history too and I love Chile just like I love Israel.


My return home to LA FAMILIA SARRIA is thanks to two very special friends of mine. I will devote an ENTIRE post to them but I couldn't mention going home without saying a SPECIAL THANKS to Mr. Duke and Grace :)


When I walk off the plane...only one month from now- I will be greeted by my whole family! What a scene it will be! And you can be assurred I will post pictures as soon as I get my computer set up in my hotel :)


My family history is strange in Chile. Although everyone will be gathering for my arrival- they don't all have the best relationships with one another. My mom does not have any relationship with my oldest sister. My Aunt took my older sister in years ago when my mom and sister had their "falling out." My Aunt sided with my sister in the drama and she too, became quite distant from my mother.


My Aunt's family is pictured (in her home) below...starting from the left...my cousin older GONZALO...my little cousin SINAID...MY TIO GRUNON, EFRAIN (my grumpy uncle, Efrain)...my Aunt GLADYS (my mothers sister)...my cousin EMMA aka EMITHAX!...my brother-in-law, ISAIS...and his beautiful wife- my big sister, SCARLETT...








And below are LAS MUJERES SARRIA...the Sarria women...minus my mom and my little sister. Again starting from the left...my Aunt Gladys...my cousin Emma...my sister Scarlett...and my little cousin Sinaid.

(ISAIS likes attention and felt the need to pop his head in the background of this photo).







I am excited to see all my family of course but I am especially excited to see my big sister. Sometimes people just "click"...well my sister and I, we "click." Because of the problems she has with my mother, we were not able to communicate for the first few years I knew my mother. With my trip fast approaching my mom has given Scarlett my phone number and email address and we have been in constant contact with one another.


My BEAUTIFUL sister is pictured below. I love her VERY much and I miss her every hour of every day.



My sister recently got married :) Below she is pictured on her wedding day...my mom was not invited to my sisters wedding which I feel is rather unfortunate. Luckily my cousins were all there and they took plenty of pictures to send me...I can't wait to meet my sister and brother-in-law!!!!




My mom also has a brother. He has THREE little children...two of them are pictured with my mother below. Starting at left...my cousin CATALINA...my mom :)....and my baby cousin RICARDO aka Ricardito (little ricardo in spanish).



I feel a little guilty posting this entry without pictures of ALL my family members but I can't seem to find the disk with pictures of my moms husband, Erik...my little sister, Silvia...my uncle, Jorge...and his wife, my aunt Maria.
I am also sad to say that I have never seen pictures of two of my younger siblings and I will not meet them when I go to Chile. My brother, Gabriel and my sister, Katy live with their father. My mom has yet to tell me the whole story of their lives BUT she has not seen or spoken to them in years. They are in the custody of their father and are not allowed to have contact with my mother. It is very unfortunate and very sad. My mother struggles with the fact that she does not see or speak to them, and to some extent- I think they have probably struggled as well. Who knows? I just know I have not forgotten about them...they are my siblings and although I do not know them- I think of them, quite often.
I will be back to post those pictures of my other family members as soon as I find them! I also want to share the VERY special story of the VERY special people that are sending me on this journey...so stay tuned for that.
That is all for now...I wish you all a good one.
PEACE!!!!!!!!!



No comments: