Friday, November 21, 2008

By the "Grace" of GOOD people...





So, I owe my search and reunion process to LOTS of very special people. I am not sure how to express gratitude to all those who have helped me throughout this grueling but beautiful procedure.




I suppose first thanks goes to my mom and dad. Thanks for supporting me in my determined search for self. Although it took a few years to squeeze my adoption papers outta you two, I am so appreciative you passed them over. Thanks for helping me with my trip, thanks for helping to care for Dominick while we are away...thanks for being my mom and dad. I love you guys and will forever be your little girl.




Second, I owe a HUGE thanks to my Chilean friends that assisted in HUNTING down my biological mama! THANK YOU Gabriella and Natalia. I don't think any of this would have been possible without either of you. I won't ever be sure what made you respond to a strangers request for help BUT I am deeply gracious for that compelling force.




Third, to GRACE & ARNOLD. By the "Grace" of Arnold- I am returning home. I really don't think words explain a story like this. I really don't think words explain HUMANS like these two. I'll give it a shot...




Grace works with me on occaision and after getting to know me, we began discussing more personal issues with one another when my adoption story came to topic. Grace was touched and interested. She is genuine and asked questions...she seemed to really care. She went home and shared the information with her heroic husband, Arnold.




Mr. Arnold, without hesitation said he was sending me home to Chile....his wife reported the news to me at work one day. "WHAT?!? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!? WHY ME?!"...I cried as Grace told me of her husbands offer. We both cried. We embraced. My body was quivering, overwhelmed with emotion.




Mr. Duke doesn't respond to my emails. I spoke to him to thank him, to which he simply replied- "giving is better than receiving, I can't wait to see pictures"...do people like you really exist, Mr. Duke? Yes...they do. And YOU are living proof.
Mr. Duke is energetic! You can see it in his pictures...his spirit SHINES BRIGHT through a photographic lense. I can only imagine the energy he gives off in person. I can't wait to come back from my trip and meet Arnold. I can't wait to share ALL my pictures and stories with him.




Grace is just as beautiful inside as she is on her outter shell. She is laid back, always smiling, and a natural nurturer. She is a hard working, devoted mother. She is strong but sensitive. She is pretty, energetic and AWESOME. She is a good listener, a sweet, sweeeet soul. Grace is graceful and GREAT.



Grace and Arnold are pictured below :)






And here is Grace...under a rainbow :)











And finally, I owe a HUGE thanks to everyone that has been supporting me and everyone who continuously supports me in every aspect of my life. My old friends, my new friends, my family, my in-laws....EVERYONE. You all know who you are :)




MUCHAS GRACIAS! ( MUCH THANKS )...




PEACE!




No comments: