Monday, November 10, 2008

HOPE for Young Mothers...




i posted this on my "facebook" earlier in the week...it has gotten a lot of comments and attention on there so i figured i would post it on here. hope you enjoy it...just a different way of looking at things within this election and how this moment, personally continues to change my life :)




...I don't think I will ever forget all the critism that swarmed my life when I announced my pregnancy to my family and friends. As I stepped into the roll of a "teenage mom," people didn't have many nice things to say.



My own mother disowned me for a 5 month time period. Some of my "best friends" told me I was not equipped to be a parent and stopped being my "friend." My own doctor told me that the baby may do better if he were raised in a more "stable home." Meaning a home without an 18 year old mom like myself. And God love my mother-in-law who never failed to remind me that I was "a baby having a baby." (Now that's despite the fact that SHE was even younger than I when HER first baby debuted into this world). Well, whatever- that's besides the point.



The point is that the scrutiny that surrounds teenage mothers is just disgusting to me...honestly. WHO HAS THE RIGHT TO JUDGE A MOTHER JUST BECAUSE SHE IS YOUNGER THAN THE "AVERAGE" MOM?



Nobody...now.



PRESIDENT ELECT BARACK OBAMA WAS BORN TO A "TEENAGE MOTHER." Does anybody have any critism for the way in which she raised her son? She became a mommy to Baby Barack at age 18. Was she not "equipped" to be a parent to her child? Perhaps things were going to be more difficult for her (especially during that time period) but did that mean she COULDN'T do it?



In the public eye, you hear so much about what this election means to everybody. I haven't heard anything about what this election means to the young mothers out there that are told they "can't be good mothers" etc. That's still an issue of the private eye. An issue that many people have not even thought to look at.



So check things out from a different view. You will see even more reason as to why this election is so historic. Pull this quiet issue out into the public. Don't be shy to mention the HOPE Obama brings to teenage mothers around this nation. It doesn't mean promoting high school girls to go out and make babies but reassuring those already in this situation that they CAN be great mothers if they work hard. They CAN love and encourage their children to do whatever they set their minds to.



To my few "teenage mommy" friends...our kids have grown SO much but I have soooo much respect for you guys for making the choices you made, sticking in there and handling business- no matter how difficult it has been.



Shot out to Jamie Lynn Spizzzearsss and Big Bristol Palin...people really need to stop talking so terribly about those girls. They have it hard enough already...leave em alone!




To Barack Obamas Mom...wherever she may be- THANKS for believing in yourself at such a young age. YOUR dream helped to make a dream come true to so many American people.



May the torch of HOPE continue burning for generations to come.



PEACE.




ANDDDD as an addition to this i would like to add a link in which you can read more about Barack Obamas mom...specific details about her life, mistakes she made, things she overcame, and pictures. Just click the link below...





ENJOY! GOODNIGHT! AND THANKS FOR READING :)

No comments: