Wednesday, April 22, 2009

White Mothers, Black Sons...

I am always on NPR fishing around for interesting casts. I am especially interested in listening to things regarding biracial families and transracial adoptions. Obviously I am interested in this stuff for a few reasons. #1- Because I was adopted transracially into a white family, making me a transracial adoptee and #2- Because I married an Ethiopian man, making my precious little family biracial.

I came across a cast the other day that is originally from May 15, 2007. It had a great quote in it from Audrey Lord that says "Difference is the dialectic that sparks the imagination." I loved that. While I used to feel embarassed of being "different", I have grown to appreciate my differences for they make me unique and they have made me who I am.

Care to listen? GO AHEAD...check it outttt...!!!

Isn't NPR radio GREAT?!?!

PEACE!!!

1 comment:

Cloverland Farm said...

love nrp and so fun that gaby is coming to the US! congrats to Aaron too!!