Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Scope Out San Cristobal....

The Virgen Mary sits at the tippy top of San Cristobal. This is a very religous site for the Chilean people. They often hike the mountain to walk for the Virgen. There are 4 ways to access the Virgen...#1- walk the rough rocky mountain...#2- ride in a cable car...#3- drive....#4- ride a train.


We took a cab a little bit up the mountain...we then began our hike to the top. To be honest, I didnt make it to the top. I decided to stop about 5 minutes shy of the final descend to the Virgen. My feet were blistered and bleeding from the hike thus far, and the final descend was about 150 hand carved steps. I sat with my mom and little sister as my husband and my moms husband hiked to the top. They got some pictures of Samson right under the Virgen and Samson took pictures of the notes that people leave by her side. ( In Judiasm, which is my religion- people worship the Western Wall, the way the Chileans do the Virgen).


Anyways, check out the flicks and as my entire Chilean family always says..."may the Virgen always protect you..."


PEACE.






















No comments: