Wednesday, June 24, 2009

26 Years and Counting...

Well. Next week I will be celebrating my 26th birthday. I use each year at birthday time to reflect on myself and set goals that I would like to accomplish in the upcoming year of my life. This year, as I zero in on my 26th year of life on this planet- I feel pretty good.

First and foremost- I have stayed away from alcohol for over a year. I officially quit drinking in March of 2008 and have not had ONE sip of alcohol since I declared my desire to fight the alcoholism that was blossoming in my daily life. With that, I also came off of my anti-anxiety medicine that I have been ever so dependent upon for the last 11 years of my life. Emotionally and psychologically, I feel better than I ever have before in my life. NICEEEEE.

I cannot however escape the memories that I have of feeling that I could never birth another child out of fear that there was NO WAY I could stop drinking for a full nine months. Kinda crazy, right? Well I am happy to say that fear no longer poisons my soul. Infact, I am currently carrying a little fetus in my womb and my husband, son and myself will welcome our new addition in January :)

I am not really sure what I have planned for the upcoming year but I have set a few goals for myself. For example, I hope to purchase my first home. I hope to birth a healthy baby in the most natural way I can despite the common trend to only have C-sections after you have already had one. I hope to attend adoptee rights day...despite my overwhelming anxiety of traveling and large crowds which I can no longer "xanax" away. And as always, I hope to be a good wife to my husband and a good mother to my children.

If I come up with more ideas and goals- I will post them. I also have some pictures to post once I get access to a computer rather than my blackberry. For now, I am desperately trying to beat this nausea and get through the last week and a half of my first trimester. I hope everyone is enjoying summer :)

PEACEEEEEEE...

4 comments:

Tara said...

It sounds like you are in a really good place right now, which is great to hear! Congratulations on your pregnancy, you must be so happy and excited :) And happy early birthday...here's to another great year!

Seantaku said...

Congratulations! That's awesome to hear.

I too had problems with drinking. But then I stopped for about 20 months or so. Felt good to know that I could do it.

jimm said...

If I had half the determination you have, I'd have quit smoking by now.

CONGRATULATIONS and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

aaronecoop said...

i havent smoked ganja in over three weeks. gotta tell ya, its not all that fun. anyway, love you forever hermanita. now bring on the baby.