Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Man In The Glass...



When you get what you want in your struggle for self,
And the world makes you king for a day...
Just go to a mirror and look at YOURSELF,
And see what THAT man has to say.

For it isn't your father or mother or wife,
Whose judgment upon you must pass;
The fellow whose verdict counts most in YOUR life...
Is the one staring back from the glass.

You may fool the whole world down the pathway of years,
And get "pats on the back" as you pass,
But your final reward will be heartache and tears...
...if you have cheated the man in the glass.

This poem was written by an adoptee who later went on to take his own life :(

I love this poem and I read it often. It always reminds me to stay true to myself-- no matter WHAT peoples opinions may be. This is MY life and I smile when I see my reflection in the mirror :)

So...What does YOUR mirror have to say about YOU??? Do you appreciate your strengths and weaknesses???...Or are you still caught up in cheating yourself while attempting to fool the world???

BEEEE yourself.
Peace!!!!!!

P.S. If you like the image I chose for this post please click and visit the photographers site HERE.

No comments: